Although the headline says “Jobs at risk”, the real “financial disaster” is the effect of austerity on the education of our children.
- 80% of respondents said, “schools would not have enough funding to meet “essential needs” over the next 12 months”
- savings planned include, “redundancies, a reduction in the number of courses on offer and increasing class sizes.
- Many schools are also proposing to cut spending on equipment and teachers’ CPD”
- some schools “could even be forced to reduce opening hours to avoid insolvency”
- children’s education must not be “sacrificed on the altar of deficit reduction”. – ASCL
The reality of Tory Education policy. Can our children afford another five years?