Can our children afford another five years? No. No one can afford another Tory Government
Although the headline says “Jobs at risk”, the real “financial disaster” is the effect of austerity on the education of our children.
- 80% of respondents said, “schools would not have enough funding to meet “essential needs” over the next 12 months”
- savings planned include, “redundancies, a reduction in the number of courses on offer and increasing class sizes.
- Many schools are also proposing to cut spending on equipment and teachers’ CPD”
- some schools “could even be forced to reduce opening hours to avoid insolvency”
- children’s education must not be “sacrificed on the altar of deficit reduction”. – ASCL
The reality of Tory Education policy. Can our children afford another five years?