HERB GARDEN OPEN DAY on MAY 20th.
Just walk down the road and join us.
- Setting up 9-30 – if you can help with setting up that would be great. Nothing to strenuous, just a couple of gazebos and a few tables.
- Cake stall – if you can bake or donate a cake that would be great, but please call into the herb garden even if you just want to eat cake. Every cake you buy and eat will help fund the herb garden for another year. No one gives us any money, not even the Borough Council, we have to raise it ourselves.
- Plants – lots to buy, also bring any spare seedlings you’ve grown to plant and swap.
- Make your own salsa using our fresh herbs
- Hedgehog preservation society will be there and may even have a hedgehog or two to show your children.
- Jan Perrone, Guardian Gardening Editor, will give a talk/demo on local foraging at 12-30. Foraging free food, it doesn’t get any better.
All money raised goes towards keeping the garden tidy, fresh and full of herbs that you can collect and use in your cooking.
If you can spare some time during the year to help that would be great. If the volunteers don’t do the work then the garden will just become overgrown. Help to preserve this local resource for the community.