Abbottsbury Station was at the end of a branch line running from Weymouth, with the branch junction being at Upwey. The station opened in 1885 and the line finally closed in 1952.
There was a station halt at Coryates and a station at Portisham. The line continued from Portisham and terminated at Abbottsbury.
There was a single platform at Abbottsbury, which is still there. A house and garage have been built on the site of the station yard and platform.
To the east of the station is the old goods shed and the old track-bed forms a public footpath to Portisham, approximately one & half miles walk. Boots advisable.
Further down the line towards Portisham stands the old engine shed. It has two overgrown walls still standing.